School of Theatre > For educators > Teacher trainings
Tools to help teachers bring theatre into the classroom
How can you…
- Tie the arts to your curriculum?
- Use theatre to engage students in a history lesson?
- Meet curricular standards while staging original plays?
Outreach Coordinator Dave Maier can come to your school to lead a fun and insightful workshop for you and other educators to share ideas and information about how to incorporate theatrical techniques into your daily curriculum—for only $75/hour! Workshops can be catered to your specific needs.
Past trainings have included:
- Improvisation for the classroom
- Theatre games and ensemble building
- Stage combat—demystifying the violence of film and television
- Staging autobiographical writing
- Theatre for reading comprehension
For more information, please call Dave Maier at 510 647–2977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.